4.24.2011

Easter!

I love Easter! I love the lessons surrounding the Resurrection, I love Easter baskets, I love the songs we sing at Church, I love getting/making the kids cute outfits, and I love dressing up and taking pictures! This year, was no exception! Being in the Branch, and the Primary at that, I get to teach a lot of lessons every Sunday. This year, both Sharingtime and CTR revolved around Christ's death, resurrection, and the fact that thanks to Him, we shall have Eternal lives! Loved it! What made it even better was the view right as we pulled in! Do you see that in the picture above?! That's right! Our new building is ACTUALLY getting walls! We also learned this week that the new building will have a font! So exciting!
After church, we decided to take pictures. Every time we drive down 288 we pass this random steel yard with funny sculptures. For the past 3 years I've been wanting to take pictures here! Today, my dream came true! This is Teik under a Rhino.Jon and the Hippo.
Me and a Stegosaurus. Oh, I'm basically 21 weeks pregnant! AND a shout-out to my mother-in-law for the outfit!
I LOVE this picture of Sevy and Teik. I will crop out Jon when I print it! Check out the random sculptures! I love this place!
Sevy and her new dress I busted out yesterday in 3 hours! I'm not in love with the top, but I love the bottom! I stole the idea from here. Not willing to spend the money, I did my own thing with muslin and tulle and a Butterick pattern I've had for awhile!

Tonight we had a fabulous dinner with our friends the Talbots, Greg Opdahl, and of course Kris and Ashley! It was amazing and I think I ate ham for 4 hours straight and still could eat more! Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Torrie said...

You look SO GOOD! And nice job on Sevy's dress. It's super cute. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Nancy said...

a little tulle will go a long way in an Easter dress! We did navy and pinks this year, Navy is so cool for easter :)

Unknown said...

I am so impressed with the beautiful dress you made! Great job!

Darci said...

Cute! I love that you made an awesome Easter dress in three hours, and then took pictures with sculptures. You are a lesson in seizing the moment!

Carol said...

Sevy's dress looks great! And you look FABULOUS for being 21 weeks pregnant!