6.13.2009

Snowcones and Splashparks

Sorry, no pictures for this one. Today was the ultimate summer day. With Jon being gone, I have no desire to be home, so we have spent a lot of time at the various parks around here. Today we went to the Centenial Park splashpad and ate a yummy strawberry snowcone which I have been craving for years here in Texas, and Sevy played in the water, I basked in the sun, and Teik drank his juicebox! It was a good afternoon! After a nap and some lunch at home, we ventured out to Wallyworld to pick up some needed diapers, and refill our water jug, which I managed to leave in the cart I traded right as we walked in because of technical difficulties. There's a good jug wasted because naturally, when I realized I forgot it, it was already gone. I'm never going to attempt to get water by myself with the kids again. Too much to juggle. Anyhoo, we then hit up McDee's for some Happymeals, and then to Southdown park to have a picnic! To give you an idea of our past week, it looked a little like this:

Sun-neighborhood park
Tues-Centenial Park
Wed-Southdown park
Fri-Zoo, and then Southdown Park (for concert in the park)
Sat-Centenial Park and Southdown Park

Yeah, we like us some park action. It's already sooo hot, that it's the best way to cool the kiddos down. Bless the person who came up with splashparks!

4 comments:

Ben and Shara said...

I wish we had splash parks here. You are a good momma. I should take my kids to the park more.

Andrew said...

1. I did not know that there was a real Wallyworld. I thought it was just in a really bad Chevy Chase movie.

2. I LOVE snowcones. I remember the ones at Porter Park after swim lessons.

3. You are an awesome Mom.

Candice

Nancy said...

By the mouth of three witness - you are an excellent momma to take the kiddos out solo!

Kathryn said...

We are in Utah right now...but on Monday morning I head with the kids to Harriman State Park in Idaho for the next two weeks for that music camp I help at. Then we are back for one more Sunday. We go home to Seattle on the 20th. We you here? When are you going to be here?