Blog Tag Rules:Answer these 15 questions on your blog. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts. Tag 5 people by leaving their names at the end of the post. Leave a comment on their blog so they know they have been tagged.
1. Jon. While looking through my old journals I realized just how much he had to put up with me while we were "dating" and I'm just amazed he stuck it out. He's my best friend now and although there are many times I could just strangle him, I couldn't imagine my life without him.
2. Sevy and Baby-to-Be. Once again, it's funny how my joys could bring such grief to me! I love the Sevster so much and I always have to remind myself this when she's driving me crazy! I know this little bun in the oven will be the same way. It's definitely weird to love something so much that you can't even touch yet!
3. Family. I have been uberly blessed to have a rockin' family and to marry into an amazing family. I know if we ever need anything, we can ask anyone (cousin's included) and they will be more than happy to help. It's a great way to be raised!
1. Failing. I hate telling people that something is going to happen if it's not a sure thing. I've always been this way and I don't know where it came from. I like to have back up plans and all sorts of weird things even on prettty sure things, just in case. I almost worry that I'm installing this into Jon.
2. Public Speaking. I have always been an outgoing person, but doing anything in front of large groups freaks me out. I have a EFY speaker for a sister and 2 parents that are amazing speakers, yet I shake during junior primary sharing time. It's pretty pathetic, especially being a fitness instructor.
3. Storms. I grew up loving them, but last night we had one and it freaked me out. If I'm with someone (like Jaclyn or Jon) I love to watch the thunder and lighting and rain and hail. But if I'm all alone, or just with Sevy, not so much. It freaks me out--especially at night.
1. I want to go back to school. I don't know for what though. Maybe hair school. I just love to learn new things. I want to get more fitness certifications and learn more trades. I love to learn anything hands on.
2. I want to compete in a triathalon. This means I have to get into running, swimming, and outdoor biking. I think biking will be the easiest for me. I think I'll have to start small (mini-tri: maybe the Spudman), but it's something I really want to do.
3. I want my own family to all be in the temple together someday. I've been with all of my family, and I've been with all of Jon's family. Both experiences were so cool--and almost unheard of these days. I want to be there with all of my kids and their spouses one day. I know it would just be amazing!
1. I love magazines and I rip out anything I like out of them. I don't know if I'll ever use what I rip out, but I do it anyway. This includes make-up and hair styles, recipes, exercises, craft ideas, home decor, or fun facts. I have a big pile of pull-outs, but I figure it's better than a big pile of magazines.
2. I love getting mail. I always had a penpal, and I use to write like 12 missionaries at any given time through college. I love cool stamps and envelopes. I like opening the mailbox and getting a surprise package or card or letter. I know email is the way of the future, but I love regular letters. This is probably why Jon and I ended up together, because I loved to write and receive letters.
3. I'm obsessed with projects. Not necessarily finishing them though. I love having a project and almost feel naked without something random to do. Currently-and this is living with basically nothing because I'm living at my in-laws and all my stuff is in Houston-I have 2 quilts to finish (I'm not a quilter), a summer dress for Sevy to make, and a pile of magazines to go through. I'm also thinking about making baby announcements, and decided against making a baby book--but that may change.
Random Surprising Facts (as if my obsessions weren't random or surprising enough):
1. I actually like Texas. I by no means want to end up here, but I really like it. I hate the tornado season and hail storms, but I like the mild winters and the friendly people. I like the fact that I stick out being a Mormon. I like the self-confidence people have here and I now have no problems going to the pool without swim shorts. People here don't judge or look at you funny for not having the best legs or for having a gianormous belly that refuses to be covered. I like the self-confidence I've gained here.
2. I've lost my major sense of adventure. This is sad. I still love random and spontanious trips, but I lost my desire to go skydiving. I still want to learn to surf, and I miss wakeboarding and all watersports, but not do not want to try flips on the boards anymore. I think it happened when I got married and got worse when I had kids. I realize now that my adventurous stupidity does not only affect me now.
3. I hate the cold. This is blasphemous being an Idaho girl. I love to snowboard, but once I get too cold, it's done for me. I love the snow, but almost from a distance. I don't like driving in it and don't trust others driving in it. I like to play in it, but only in stints. I now understand why my mom liked spring skiing. It's warmer! To the same degree-I'm a snow snob. If the snow is not great, I don't like to ski in it or play in it. What a weirdo am I!
Tagged: I really don't care. If you read this and want to do it, you are tagged! Let me know so I can read about you!