6.30.2008

The Details

We are now home from the hospital, and yes, we finally have a name for our baby! We named him Kristian Teik Ormson and will call him Teik. It's a very Norwegian name, but also a family name! Both baby and I are doing good. Teik sleeps a lot, which is nice, and so far is just a very content little baby. We'll see how this first night goes! I hurt, but nothing horrible and didn't swell like I did with Sevy. This is a miracle by my book! I'm really tired, and blame my pain killers on this. All things considered though, this birth was so much better!

The delivery was cool. It was a c-section and I had a blue curtain hiding me from everything, but Jon was right there by my side and was able to see them pull Teik out! He was able to cut the cord and do a lot of that new dad stuff that we missed out on last time due to the emergency. I was actually awake and it was crazy to feel them push on me and then all the sudden feel no weight on my belly and hear a little cry. Jon looked over at me with a huge smile and I just smiled and cried! To us he looks just like Sevy did at birth and I can't wait to see how he grows!

10 comments:

Torrie said...

We love him even more now that he's here. Congratulations! He's a cutie!

Chandra said...

Oh yay! Congrats! He is so handsome! I'm hoping that if I have to have another C section (someday when I have another kid...) and if it's planned, I wont hurt so bad! I hope you are feeling better everyday. New baby boys are the best!

sarawhat said...

he's gorgeous! I"m so glad it went so well for you. The picture underneath of you with Teik...you look awesome! Totally a hot mom. :)

Mandy said...

Congrats! I am so happy that everything went better this time. He is super cute. It's cool that we will both be mommies of little boys. Take notes for me. Hopefully he will be here in the next week or so.

McCall B. said...

Congratulations! New babies are so exciting. I'm happy to know that you both are doing well. :)

kirstensworld said...

Wow, he's so cute! Congrats on the new edition! Seeing those cute pics makes me even more excited for mine in Jan!! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Nancy said...

Love the new title to your page! Amazing all the changes you have to make (including blog titles) when there are now TWO little people in your life.

Vinyl Wonders said...

Congrats!! He is so adorable and I hear he is a sweet little angle!!

Candice said...

He is so handsome. I love the name Teik too. I am so proud of you, my darling sister.

Angela said...

So glad everything went well. Congratulations on your beautiful boy!