4.17.2008

The Baby Quilt Rough Draft

I've gotten very homemakey lately and decided after I found out I was having a boy, that I wanted to make a quilt! Thankfully, a lot of my friends and family were willing to help out and make airplane blocks to go into it! All that I have received are totally unique and just fun and I finally found a pattern to tie it all together and went crazy yesterday putting it in motion! So, here is the rough draft! I'm still short a few airplanes, but all of the pinwheels are done! I made them with flannel, so it'll be really soft! I'm going to border the whole blanket with a thin navy blue, then a thick airplane pattern, and then the edge and the back will be red (the back may be striped with the other pinwheel colors, I haven't decided yet). It turned out a lot larger than I originally planned, but I didn't have a real plan anyway, so this works out! I also found cute shark flannel that I'm going to make a rag quilt out of for baby in honor of Jon! I had all the blocks cut out for that which I ended up using as the pinwheels! Go figure! I just need to get this thing done a) before we move, b) before I change my mind again, and c) before I lose my motivation to finish it!

7 comments:

Angela said...

That's so cute. I love the idea of having everyone contribute a square. You'll have to post a picture when it's done.

Torrie said...

Looks cute. I can't wait to see the finished product. We are excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

Hanna said...

You kill me! Not only are you still spinning at a million-months pregnant, but you're being all crafty too?? I have this deal with myself that I can't read blogs that make me feel like I suck - so can your next post show a messy bathroom or something?? :)

I have lots of fabric on my never-been-used sewing table that I have ear-marked for a quilt. Its been sitting there for YEARS!

White Family said...

That is so adorable! Can I just say diddo to Hanna's comment. Is there anything you can't do?! I'm so jealous you can quilt, and do it well. Where did you learn? I really really want to learn how. I LOVE quilts, and yours is so precious!

kirstensworld said...

Katrina! Hey I found your blog through Tarrah's, how have you been? You look amazing, and the quilt is so cute! Good luck in Texas!

Kirsten

~Michaela said...

Hey there you hottie!
Wow, looking great. That's soooo cool that you're spinning even while you're super prego. Don't worry, I*m super vain too, no use in trying to hide it.
Your little monkey Sevy is SUPER CUTE. I'm guessing she just turned two? How fun that you're doing the whole Huston thing. I'm so jealous you'll be getting all that sun, we've been deprived of sun for a good five years now :(
Anyway, I'm so glad you found me :)
Hugs, Michaela

Jenni said...

Emily has always been the cutest...I agree, and we have been having a lot of fun. So much that I think we have all run ourselves out enough to catch another cold. Hoodie and hockey gloves huh? Well what else could you need right? OKay here is my address...but you can only use it if you give me yours. I may have it but I'm not exactly sure if you have moved yet. How is the house hunting going? Address...right!

300 Vuemont Pl. NE L101
Renton, Wa 98056

Love the quilt...making one myself and it's hard. Way to go! You'll have to send us pictures of the finished product.

Later and never a longer comment: Jenni